Our heart is one of the important organ that helps to pump the blood around our body and help in the exchange of the oxygen, carbon dioxide, nutrients and removes waste products from our body. Our heart has four chambers: two upper chambers the atria and two lower chamber the ventricles. The heart circulates blood through two pathways, the pulmonary circuit and systemic circuit. The right atrium and right ventricle together make the right heart that collect and pump blood to the lungs for oxygenation of the blood. The left atrium and left ventricle make the left heart, oxygenated blood enter the left side of the heart, and then the left side of the heart pump the oxygenated blood to the whole body for the supply of oxygen and nutrients. Blockage of any of these arteries can cause a heart attack, or damage to the muscle of the heart. A heart attack is different from cardiac arrest, which is characterized by sudden loss of heart function that actually happens as a consequence of electrical disturbances of the heart rhythm. The quality of life even changes after any kind of heart diseases. Lots of complication associated with heart diseases becomes part of everyday life. The complication associated with heart diseases can be short term or long term. Short term complication includes chest pain, breathlessness, dizziness, swelling, inability to complete daily tasks. Long term complication includes individual reaction to some medication, recurrence of the heart diseases, fear and depression. Cardiovascular disease is the one of leading cause of death worldwide. So, it’s important to learn about your heart health and help to prevent it. If you have proper knowledge of your heart condition, you can live a more active healthier life, even with your disease and taking care of yourself.
Some of the basic step, to improve your heart health are healthy balanced diet, limited alcohol drinking, quit smoking, regular moderate exercise, cut down in salt and sugar, try not to take stress.
Natural supplement to some extent helps to protect your heart and improves its function. Some of the potent natural supplements that can improve heart health are omega-3 -fatty acid, garlic, coenzyme Q10. High level of triglycerides can lead to stroke, heart attack, coronary artery diseases. Even some natural ingredient is found to reduce the LDL (bad cholesterol) level and elevate HDL (good cholesterol) level. Taking some supplement orally actually affect the high blood pressure and might lower the risk of coronary artery diseases. In research it has been shown, that taking proper care of the heart and support of supplement, actually helps to reduce cardiovascular diseases death by 19 percent.
SOME OF THE COMMON SYMPTOMS OF HEART PROBLEMS ARE: -
- Shortness of Breath
- Chest Pain, chest tightness
- Pain, numbness in arms, legs and swelling of feet, ankle and legs
- Dizziness or fainting
- Easily getting short breath during activity and exercise
- Heart Attack- It occurs when the blood clot blocks the blood flow into the heart, and that way it cuts off the blood flow into the heart which might cause death of the heart muscle and chest pain.
- Stroke–Stroke can occur due to the blocked artery or the leaking or busting of the blood vessels. Stroke usually characterised by blockage of the artery due to the blood clot, which is supplying oxygenated blood to the brain.
- Coronary Artery Diseases- It is one of the most common type of heart diseases and one of the leading causesof death in men and women associated with heart problem. It occurs due to the narrowing of the artery due to the cholesterol build-up. Thus, the narrowing of the blood vessels limit the blood flow to the heart.
- Heart Failure – It occurs due to the weak heart muscle, when the heart muscle can’t pump the blood efficiently. In most of the time, it happens due to the Coronary Artery Diseases (narrowing of the artery).